stockrow.com

Doing further analysis

Hi Everyone,

firt of all, congrats for making stockrow, I like it very much, will be a subscriber for sure. I’m wondering what is the preferred way of doing further analytics with stockrow data? I want to do some calculations based on the fundamentals, but I definitely don’t wanna write a webcrawler. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Gyuri

Hey Gyuri! Thanks and welcome! I would not advise crawling stockrow as you will be causing us damage (by increasing our server bills) and by thus damaging everyone else who is using stockrow. And not to mention it is against our terms of service.

We already are at the point where we are thinking how to limit and prevent people from scraping en-mass since it is causing us more headache than we like given we are a free product. Limitations that we have in mind will limit all existing users as well.

But not everything is grim! What kind of calculations and analytics are you looking for? We might find a way to solve your problem.

Hi Ryakh,

thank you for your quick response! Yeah… this why I don’t wanna do crawling. Well, what I want to do is the derivation of further, custom financial indicators based on fundamentals. The thing is that your service seems to provide the highest quality of fundamentals and it would be great using them. Obviously to do this type of analysis, I would need the data, or a service to work with the data. Don’t you plan to set up some computing platform, like providing online notebooks in which quants can do analysis, and optionally the indicators might also be shared with others, maybe some could subscribe to various indicators? Making something like an online quant community. Alternatively, is there any way to buy, say, 10 years of fundamental data for 500 stocks of interest?

Thanks,
Gyuri

I guess we will have to wait the screener export to do deeper analysis. I use Stockrow mostly as a quick checkup on each company before I invest, the 10-year data is really useful. I would like to see some market snapshot as well, with average growth rates or valuations across sectors or indices.

Hi Gyuri,

thanks for using the site! Unfortunately we can’t provide an API for users, due to restrictions from our data providers. Perhaps an enhanced screener might do what you are describing. I mean the ability to screen and download stocks across multiple periods, not just the current numbers?

thanks for the awesome information.

thanks for the awesome information.